Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > General > Chit Chat

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2012, 06:15 AM
Master Builder

Default Swamp people

Any Lousiana Cajuns on the forum?
I've been watching Swamp People. I love that show. "Shoot im liddibet, shootim" has become a very common saying here in the arid lands.
I'd sure like to see how it would go if they came over here fishing for the big saltwater crocodiles.
(On the show, Troy Landry caught a record 13 foot gator. 13 feet is an average saltie.) They'd surely need bigger guns, and bigger boats.
Old 06-07-2012, 06:24 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thumbs up Re: Swamp people

Quote:
Originally Posted by wotavidone View Post
....(On the show, Troy Landry caught a record 13 foot gator. 13 feet is an average saltie.) They'd surely need bigger guns, and bigger boats.
And, bigger *^?))s*

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Our One Meter Pompeii Oven album is
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

An album showing our Thermal Breaks is

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.
Old 06-07-2012, 04:51 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Swamp people

Quote:
Any Lousiana Cajuns on the forum?
I've been watching Swamp People. I love that show. "Shoot im liddibet, shootim" has become a very common saying here in the arid lands.
I'd sure like to see how it would go if they came over here fishing for the big saltwater crocodiles.
(On the show, Troy Landry caught a record 13 foot gator. 13 feet is an average saltie.) They'd surely need bigger guns, and bigger boats.
I'm not AKC registered (only 25%), and not from South Louisiana (my mamma jo {grandmother) was but, I am just wondering. Do ya'll eat crocodiles .

Old 06-08-2012, 01:10 AM
Master Builder

Yep a bit dry tho

Old 06-08-2012, 03:29 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thumbs up Re: Swamp people

And their hides make great leather products!

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neillís Pompeiii #1

Neillís kitchen underway

Old 06-08-2012, 04:30 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

AKC registered is just a joke. American Kennel Club . Coonass is a local term for a cajun which is slang for French Acadian. It can be a good or bad term. I think it started out pretty much derogatory though. Some cajuns are proud to be called a coonass. Some ain't. It's kind of like some of us rednecks . As for as an outsider using the term it just depends on who you are talking to, how you say it, and how well you are accepted by them.
buckeyebreadman likes this.

Old 06-12-2012, 12:03 AM
Laborer

Quote:
I've decided that maybe I'm watching this show just a bit too much. On the weekend, I was looking for my youngest son, and I called out "Boy, where you at?"
So far South I could see penguins.
.....hahaha love it! and as for the bogan description, leave my mullet out of this thread thanks very much!!

Old 06-13-2012, 01:05 AM
Master Builder

Yeah we have a mullet down here that comes from The Coorong, its great fresh - fried or smoked.

Also there is a a 3rd kind of mullet....... a "blind mullet"......... Aka a #2

Old 06-19-2012, 12:44 PM
Laborer

Around east Texas a mullet is a haircut worn by rednecks. It's short in the front and long in the back. The phrase is that it's " business up front and party in the back". ! Lol.
Shelley
I had no idea that swamp people aired in Australia. A friend of mine is staring in a new show about " noodling". They start filming in a couple weeks. It will be on Animal Planet. Do they do that down under? Really odd way to fish!
Old 10-10-2012, 01:54 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Here it is Wotavidone,

Outback Hunters

Sorry about the post and delete. It was one of my P.U.I.'s . I had second thoughts about the wording after a couple of days with no responses .