Old 04-01-2008, 08:13 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Spreading the WFO Gospel

All,

Yes, the attached pics really were taken on the last weekend in March. Even the roof of the oven still had snow load. Fortunately, some of the participants came from Edmonton, Alberta, so temperature was not an issue.

We had Ken, Bernie, Tom, Louis and Linda. On the Sunday, freelance travel journalist Betty Zyvatkauskas sat in on the course to prepare an article she will be shopping around. She's on the right in the photograph by the oven.

What is it about WFOs, I wonder, that attracts people with a similar wacky sense of humor? I usually don't take on more than four people for a course, but this session was an exception. It was very hectic but definitely hilarious. By Sunday, my stomach hurt from so much laughing.

This coming weekend, we'll have Chris and Roger from Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, and Chris from Ottawa, Ontario. The theme will be Italian breads and pizza.

Thus far the words of today's WFO sermon.

Jim
Attached Thumbnails
Spreading the WFO Gospel-march-course.jpg   Spreading the WFO Gospel-march-course-1.jpg  

Last edited by CanuckJim; 04-02-2008 at 07:54 AM. Reason: typoosss
Old 04-01-2008, 08:29 AM

Default Re: Spreading the WFO Gospel

Do you have

in a can?
Old 04-01-2008, 08:34 AM
Master Builder

You know he does, it is the only way to keep him fresh. It works in a pinch

And to think next month during the annual Open House everyone will be complaining about the flying blood suckers.
Old 04-01-2008, 08:37 AM
Journeyman

Hell, I'd come over just to wear one of those nifty hats!
Old 04-01-2008, 09:01 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Dmun,

My grandfather smoked Prince Albert in his stubby Irish pipe. As a child, I kept all my treasures in the empty cans. The sign is from a now defunct general store in my village, which is named after Queen Victoria's husband, the one of sainted memory.

JE,

Keep a lid on the bloodsuckers, willya. I want people to show on May 24th. Transfusions are part of the deal. I'm just a fresh guy.

PP,

Those "nifty" hats and aprons were contributed by Louie, one of the participants, so we'd all be in uniform, as he put it. Black is NOT the best color for baking bread.

Jim
Old 04-01-2008, 10:28 AM
Brick Oven Merchant

Excellent photos Jim.

When does the snow usually clear? I have relatives in North Dakota, and we did a family reunion in July a number of years ago, and everyone said the snow had melted the week before. :-)

James

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-01-2008, 10:34 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

James,

Thanks. This has been a very unusual winter here, with record breaking amounts of snow in Toronto and surrounding. Normally, the snow does not come until around Christmas and is gone by early March, with a few healthy thaws in between. Not so this year. The snow started in mid-November and did not quit until the third week in March. Never saw the ground in between. No thaws. Yeech.

Jim
Old 04-01-2008, 02:02 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Jim, the news just reported that the oceanic currents are slowing greatly due to so much fresh water being introduced into the ocean. We are heading into an ice age. Long winter ahead

Acoma's Tuscan:

Old 04-01-2008, 05:11 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Acoma,

Thanks for the report, no surprise; the weather for the past year or so has been odd, to say the least. Normally, we don't get that much snow, not nearly that much. The Gulf Stream seems to have lost its way.

James,

Should say, before I get in doo doo, that Wendy Carlson, my long suffering much better half, took the pics, and a lot more. Her description of WFO types is pretty apt, I'm thinking. She calls us "daffy." Not bad. I'm thinking Jeff here, the "spokesdaff" dinkum of the forum. How's that for a polyglot message?

Jim
Old 04-02-2008, 08:21 PM
Journeyman

"Spokesdaff", CJ?
A relative of Senator Clinton's "Misspoke", perchance?
I dunno anymore.

Hey Jim, bought some nice canvas for a couche yesterday, and the nearest thing to a fake banneton was a straw hat @ $4. Only one left, and of course The Lady took a fancy to it. Bugger!!

Mate, one doesn't have to be mad - but it helps.

'Reinhart's' eh. Best I get cracking then.
J.