Old 11-30-2008, 02:18 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Snow and lights

Inspired by Christo's beautifully colourful lighting idea, and Jeff's comments, I have now also installed a really nifty state-of-the-art lighting system in just front of my oven...

It doesn't have a remote controll or blink or anything, but I did manage to put in a really cool design feature for turning it off called an "electric plug". And indeed an "extension cable".

I hope you are all duely impressed.

The other pics are of my oven in snow a couple of nights ago . Sadly, it had all melted again by morning.
Attached Thumbnails
Snow and lights-snow-011.jpg   Snow and lights-snow-001.jpg   Snow and lights-snow-002.jpg  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Frances; 11-30-2008 at 07:30 AM.
Old 11-30-2008, 05:20 AM
Master Builder

Default Re: Snow and lights

Hah! That is very similar to what mine would look like ... if I had any!

We have snow now too, with more on the way tonight. Looks like it may be here to stay so, before I think about lights, I need to fashion an exterior door - likely just a board for now.

BTW, while my oven is still not 100% finished, yesterday I finally found the perfect tiles to face the front entry bricks! Didn't buy them yet, as I have about 5 more months before I could mortar them in anyway .
But maybe some lights ...

Sarah
Attached Thumbnails
Snow and lights-dsc_0293.jpg  
Old 11-30-2008, 07:30 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Nice! I haven't seen your oven in a while - it looks very well suited to the climate, with the chimney sticking out of the snow in strong solid stone and the cool stone chimney cap. Seems to be saying: "C'mon, do your worst. I'm here ot stay!"

Old 11-30-2008, 02:38 PM
Journeyman

Jeez, Frances. If only I could live in your world for an hour. You make everything happy.