Old 03-23-2008, 08:04 PM
Brick Oven Merchant

Default Roasting pan

We are in the market for a nice chicken/turkey roasting pan. What do you use?

Stainless steel, anodized aluminum, cast iron, etc? I think I want something nice and heavy, where you can remove the bird, saute onions and garlic in the pan, and make a nice sauce or gravy.

Where do you shop for mainstream (non WFO) bakeware?

Something that could cross over and work in the WFO would be plus, but not necessary.

Help!
James

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-24-2008, 01:02 AM
Journeyman

Default Re: Roasting pan

Hi James..........I use a heavy 18/10 stainless oval roaster for turkey and other large joints. It is a very versatile tool. Both the base and lid have handles and can be used as seperate roasters. Ideal for roasting the bird or joint covered to start and using the lid for roast potatoes etc. while the bird is browning/resting. It also steams and poaches. Available in various sizes.......this one will take a large family size turkey. A 5* investment. It has never been in the WFO by choice, as yet.
Roasting pan-roaster-3.jpg
Roasting pan-oval-roaster.jpg
Roasting pan-roaster-2.jpg

The other roaster is a heavy duty one with a non stick coating and a meat rack. Easy to clean..........it does spend time in the WFO.........
Roasting pan-roaster-017.jpg

Old 03-24-2008, 02:08 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Williams Sonoma has a large variety to choose from. I think ours is All-clad.

We have a large rectangular pan with stout handles. It has high sides, is non-stick and comes with a rack to put your bird on.

Not used for the WFO though, lots of terra cotta for that.

...of course, make sure it will fit in your oven!

X

Tiempo para guzarlos.....
...enjoy every sandwich!
Old 03-24-2008, 05:14 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

I get int trouble for blackening my wife's good baking dish so she makes me use those disposable alum. ones. I usually chuck in half a handful of hickory chips just before putting the roast in and sealing up the door. Great taste particularly the gravy.
Old 03-24-2008, 08:26 PM
Brick Oven Merchant

Thanks all,

I am leaning toward stainless. That way I can use it in the WFO, and make some nice sauces from the browned bits the roast leaves behind. Plus, the non-stick will never wear out.

James