Old 06-22-2008, 03:33 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Redneck Dave needs a little friendly help.

Since I covered my inner arch with a piece of angle iron and mortar..... I now need some help.

I want to recreate the look of bricks in that spot.
So...I figured I would just slice a brick into 1/2 "tiles" and mortar them on.
Thereby bringing back the look of my old arch.

Now here's the rub. My tile saw can't cut a full brick. I can only cut part way through each side, and finish the cut with a hammer.

So I was hoping one of you kind people would cut a few bricks up for me. I need about 20 slices.

Of course I would play for the bricks, packaging, and shipping. And maybe a Pizza Hut gift card or something.....

Anyways.. Help!

Dave

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My costs:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My pics:

Old 06-22-2008, 03:55 PM
Journeyman

Default Re: Redneck Dave needs a little friendly help.

Check the pawn shops in the area and look for construction sites with brick going up. You may be able to find some help locally.

My 44" oven in progress...

Old 06-22-2008, 05:34 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunKnight View Post
Check the pawn shops in the area and look for construction sites with brick going up. You may be able to find some help locally.
good tip
thanks Cajun

My costs:

My pics:

Old 06-23-2008, 04:20 AM
Master Builder

Dave, do you have a brick now you are trying to match?

You can get veneer brick in many colors and style at the local yards.

Seems like you shouldn't have to ship bricks....
Old 06-23-2008, 06:03 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringJim View Post
Dave, do you have a brick now you are trying to match?

You can get veneer brick in many colors and style at the local yards.

Seems like you shouldn't have to ship bricks....
I didn't think of that!

I was just trying to match the firebrick, but good tip.
I will just visit the brick store.

Thanks

Dave

My costs:

My pics:

Old 06-23-2008, 08:14 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Dave,

Our local firebrick yard sells firebrick splits (thin firebricks). Our local small-town hardware store even carries a few for fireplace repairs. Check your local refractory supply places. The splits are about the same price as whole bricks, but you would save a fortune on shipping.

I would be happy to cut you some firebrick splits if you are desperate, but the shipping cost is going to be painful.

Updated!

Old 06-23-2008, 09:28 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken524 View Post
Dave,

Our local firebrick yard sells firebrick splits (thin firebricks). Our local small-town hardware store even carries a few for fireplace repairs. Check your local refractory supply places. The splits are about the same price as whole bricks, but you would save a fortune on shipping.

I would be happy to cut you some firebrick splits if you are desperate, but the shipping cost is going to be painful.
I appreciate it.

I will do some checking this week to see what I can come up with.

My costs:

My pics: