Old 09-12-2013, 07:06 AM
Serf

Default Portable dough bags/ boxes

I am starting a mobile pizza operation and I am looking for insulated bags to carry extra dough trays in. Thanks!
Old 09-13-2013, 08:29 AM
Peasant

Default Re: Portable dough bags/ boxes

Wagon,

Had an ice cream shop several years ago and used these Thermapaks to transfer tubs of hand dipped ice cream. Typically after 30 min. of 95deg F outside temp in the back of a supply/support vehicle the ice cream was still rock hard. As a side note we did place the bags in a walk in freezer to bring the bag temp below freezing. They were rather pricy but worked well.

ThermaPak Bags | Q Products & Services
Old 09-13-2013, 05:17 PM
Laborer

Default Re: Portable dough bags/ boxes

Wagon, if you are using doughmate dough boxes, you will find that they will keep a cool temperature for a long time. I own a mobile wood fired pizza business. We do a three day cold rise with our dough. The dough sits in a refrigerator in the doughmate dough boxes for the three days. When we take the dough boxes out of the refrigerator, even during the summer, we need to pay attention to breaking down the boxes so that there are only 3 or 4 that are nested together. If we do not do this, the dough ends up staying too cold to push out.

When we first started in this business, we used a dough recipe that called for active dry yeast. In the summer, before we found the doughmate boxes, we had huge dough management issues. Dough balls would blow out on us left and right making it very difficult to run a business. After some research, we found that using a dough recipe that calls for fresh yeast and just a little bit of fresh yeast was the solution. With the new recipe, the dough is a lot more stable. Blow outs are a thing of the past. My website is STANDARD PIZZA COMPANY.