Old 06-09-2008, 04:03 PM
Serf

Default Little help needed!

I have been thinking about a invention for quite some time that I need some direction on. I live in a small town with very limited knowledge in the field of chemistry or with any link to that person. My only option is to fan the yellow pages and pick blindly. I have been a lurker on this site for some time now and have begun to trust the judgement of the guys here. My idea will require, I believe, a small amount of time for someone with a chemistry background. Anyone with a suggestion of who to call? Thanks Nicky
Old 06-09-2008, 04:58 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thumbs up Re: Little help needed!

You have me a little miffed Nicky,
why do you need somebody with a chemical background to build a wood fired oven? Unless you are going to use second hand bricks with a dubious background!
Dont get too into costs as you can source good second hand lmaterials and equipment and take time as the money becomes available to complete the project.
Read the posts, ask your questions and get into sourcing masterials and give it your best shot1 You might just surprise yourself just what you can and do achieve.

Neill

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neillís Pompeiii #1

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Neillís kitchen underway

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by nissanneill; 06-09-2008 at 05:02 PM.
Old 06-09-2008, 05:08 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Little help needed!

How involved? My son knows someone in that major that will graduate next semester. If you are looking for someone thatís "been around the block" - this is not the lead you need.

Les...

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.
Old 06-09-2008, 05:51 PM
Peasant

Rumor has it Nicky is working on the world's first CFO (Chemically Fired Oven). A small domed structure that, when filled with Cyalume light sticks, actaully chills food. This will be the perfect companion for any WFO...imagine, a delicous pizza from your WFO to be followed by a nice lemon gelato from your CFO...

Well...that's the rumor I'm starting...
Old 06-09-2008, 06:18 PM
Journeyman

Run over to Pizzamaking.com and look for "November".
Old 06-09-2008, 07:11 PM
Serf

Quote:
Originally Posted by cplain View Post
Rumor has it Nicky is working on the world's first CFO (Chemically Fired Oven). A small domed structure that, when filled with Cyalume light sticks, actaully chills food. This will be the perfect companion for any WFO...imagine, a delicous pizza from your WFO to be followed by a nice lemon gelato from your CFO...

Well...that's the rumor I'm starting...
Hey you guys have great Ideas! maybe I should use yours instead of mine. No the idea does not include wood or ovens but an old head could save time and hopefully $$. Maybe the next guest at the pizza party will be the one. Nicky
Old 06-09-2008, 11:07 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandj1966 View Post
No the idea does not include wood or ovens
OK - we're getting it narrowed down. No wood or oven, but it involves a chemical engineer. Since you're posting on this forum, I'm throwing out the possibility of a 1 second dough rise? Close?

Les...

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.
Old 06-09-2008, 11:29 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

dirty bomb? another Coca-Cola recipe? "designer" growth hormone/fertilizer that will revolutionize farming and end world hunger? Come on, more hints please........and as Dave would say - WE NEED PICTURES!!!

RT
Old 06-09-2008, 11:37 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Wait a minute, maybe I am qualified.
In high school I was an "Advanced Technical Petroleum Transfer Engineer".
(I pumped gas at a full service Shell station) - for those possibly looking for a career change.
Let me know, I can still twist a mean gas cap and leave windows streak free.

RT
Old 06-10-2008, 04:30 AM
Master Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandj1966 View Post
I have been a lurker on this site for some time now and have begun to trust the judgement of the guys here.
Stick around longer and maybe we can change that!

Who you gonna call?....ghost busters or myth busters

I'm a geologist....we got to have a chemist out there .... and don't forget JoeEngineer......put a few heads together and we could really have some fun!