Old 09-03-2008, 01:21 PM
Brick Oven Merchant

Default Kids back in school

Our two daughters had their first day of school today. 5th and 10th grade.

It's funny. You get used to the summer schedule, then boom; they're back in school. It's sure quiet today.

James

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-03-2008, 01:25 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Kids back in school

I took my two youngest to college a week ago- it's as quiet as a tomb around here with only one (my husband's youngest) left! She's started school too, and the dogs are so confused about no one to play with or follow around for food!

Enjoy them while you have them at home!

Old 09-03-2008, 01:34 PM
Master Builder

Our son started Kindergarden Tuesday, and our baby started crawling the same day. My wife and I were a wreck. I think we are going to be terrible empty-nesters when everyone's gone off to college.

Old 09-03-2008, 02:38 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfiore View Post
I think we are going to be terrible empty-nesters when everyone's gone off to college.
I'm not finding it that bad My wife on the other hand....

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.
Old 09-03-2008, 03:37 PM
Brick Oven Merchant

Quote:
Originally Posted by egalecki View Post
Enjoy them while you have them at home!
My brother is a new empty-nester -- he has a freshman and sophomore in college. He says it's difficult for him and his wife to decide what cook. "Want to split a chicken breast?"

They're not doing well.
James

Old 09-03-2008, 05:25 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfiore View Post
I think we are going to be terrible empty-nesters when everyone's gone off to college.
Nah... Teenagers will cure what ails ya!

enjoy em while they are still little!

you will miss them

dave

My costs:

My pics:

Old 09-04-2008, 01:15 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

What you need in a situation like that is a project to keep you occupied... you know, build a pizza oven or something

My two youngest started kindergarten a couple of weeks ago. So far I'm really enjoying my quiet mornings - and the kids more than make up for it in the afternoons!

But once they leave home... that'll be a whole different kettle of fish. It must feel very weird.

Old 09-04-2008, 11:35 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

It does feel weird. I keep having to get out smaller pots and pans- I haven't used a 1 quart pot in years, I kid you not. I can look at recipes for 4. I don't have to think about doubling everything I make.

The worst is the quiet, though. My kids were pretty loud. The house is so quiet it's scary...

Old 09-04-2008, 04:49 PM
Master Builder

HTML Code:
The house is so quiet it's scary...
My two are still here and we recently - and unexpectedly - expanded to include a third teenager. I am living in a three-ring circus and the start of school has tipped us over the edge into total bedlam - Elizabeth, can I come and live at your place?!!

I guess with kids, it's sort of feast or famine - crazy when they're around, crazy quiet when they're gone. Are yours far away or close enough to make weekends home easy?
Old 09-04-2008, 06:05 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah h View Post
HTML Code:
The house is so quiet it's scary...
My two are still here and we recently - and unexpectedly - expanded to include a third teenager. I am living in a three-ring circus and the start of school has tipped us over the edge into total bedlam - Elizabeth, can I come and live at your place?!!

I guess with kids, it's sort of feast or famine - crazy when they're around, crazy quiet when they're gone. Are yours far away or close enough to make weekends home easy?
They're all within easy reach- I'll see them, but they're all having such fun that I doubt there will be many weekends home this semester! Football games are a big draw at college, you know...

You can come on over here any time you need some peace. A third teenager can make the balance of power a bit precarious, huh?