Old 09-22-2009, 07:30 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default ***Home Made Forge***

xxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by ThisOldGarageNJ; 08-01-2011 at 05:23 AM.
Old 09-23-2009, 06:06 PM
Apprentice

Default Re: ***Home Made Forge***

Cool. What kind of temps can you get to? Can you forge? How do you temper?

Mark
Old 09-25-2009, 11:35 AM
Serf

Mark, that is an excellent forge, very nice work, I sure like the tomahawk. Looks like you have a pretty fine shop to go along with it.
Old 09-27-2009, 02:09 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Those are amazing!
You make the entire box from scratch, right? What do they look like on the inside?

The forge is very cool, too. You could even start making decorative hinges and fastenings for the boxes maybe... And I love the picture of your workspace. I need to show that to my husband, to prove that all my tools and stuff do NOT take up too much room!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-27-2009, 10:31 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
I need to show that to my husband, to prove that all my tools and stuff do NOT take up too much room!
Hi Frances, In my shop (not too large) organizationis the key....
Quote:
You make the entire box from scratch, right? What do they look like on the inside?
Yes,, from scratch here are a few more pics.. I finish the inside with suede/flock, You brush on an oil base paint and spray the suede with a little cardboard pump sprayer.. TThey sell it at Woodworking Tools Supplies Hardware Plans Finishing - Rockler.com or you can buy it on ebay as well..

Last edited by ThisOldGarageNJ; 08-16-2010 at 05:47 PM.
Old 05-22-2010, 08:14 PM
Serf

question- so i'm deployed to afghanistan right now at a place where i cant really get any mail and i need some ideas of how to make a forge out of very limited resources and tools i'd like to start metalworking to pass the time here when i'm not getting shot at lol also any ideas on kinds of metal i can use from the top of my head all i can really get ahold of that would be useful is bricks (not even sure if theyre clay) fence pickets and random scrap metal, might be able to get ahold of some shrapnel steel idk for sure though any ideas are welcome and much appreciated