Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > General > Chit Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2008, 06:17 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Dog lovers will understand.........

Everyone,

Today has been the worst day of my life, next to the day my father died.

Today, my wife and I made the painfull decision to end our beloved dog's (Wesley) discomfort and suffering. At 2:45 pm he was euthanized by our vet.

Wesley had blessed us for 16 yrs and 5 months.....Truly the best and dearest friend I have ever had. Today, for the first time in 45 yrs, I have experienced true depression...I know time heals all wounds, but it really sucks at this moment. I know this was for the better - he was nearly completely deaf, rapidly going blind, and suffered from severe arthitis in both hips......none of this eases my sense of loss.

As the title of this message reads: Dog lovers will understand............

RT
Attached Thumbnails
Dog lovers will understand.........-resized-wes-photo-football.jpg   Dog lovers will understand.........-resized-wes-photo.jpg  
Old 07-07-2008, 06:23 PM
Master Builder

Default Re: Dog lovers will understand.........

RT,

Tremendously sorry for your loss. Hang in there.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-07-2008, 06:50 PM
Journeyman

Very sorry for your loss. We have four dogs, and I dread the day we have to deal with this.

Old 07-07-2008, 07:38 PM
Peasant

RT:
I'm lying in bed next to my hound with a Bassett Rescue t-shirt on. I don't have the right words, only the understanding. Very sorry and hope you find a new friend soon. It's the only thing that works.
Old 07-07-2008, 08:11 PM
Serf

I'm so very sorry. I have two boxers and I worry about every lump on their bodies after having lost one before to cancer. It broke my heart. My heart goes out to you and your wife.

Karen
Old 07-07-2008, 09:32 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

RT,

I feel your pain as well. Our 6 year old chocolate lab blew out her knee. We just had the stitches removed today when the vet told us she had cancer on a growth they had removed. You love these things like a child because they become a child. I am truly sorry for your loss.

Les...

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.
Old 07-07-2008, 09:39 PM
Journeyman

I feel your loss and have been there myself. Losing one is like losing my child. Its not something I wish to do again but I do know it happens. You feel like you can never have another. Little secret of the fact is that the next one gets even closer. Its worth the risk to do it again.

My 44" oven in progress...

Old 07-07-2008, 09:42 PM
Master Builder

RT, I'm so sorry to hear your sad news - I know only too well what you are going through as I had to make that same heart-wrenching decision for our wire fox terrier in early January.

While at the time, we could not even think of another dog, in the end I could only hold out for three months. For me, our wonderful new girl has really helped ... but my poor sweet Tucker will always hold a special place in my heart.

My heart-felt sympathies to you and your wife.

Sarah
Old 07-08-2008, 09:22 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

I'm so sorry. I've had to make that decision too.

Dog lovers really do understand. ((((hugs))))

Old 07-08-2008, 11:32 AM
Apprentice

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Hugs to you and your family.