Old 11-20-2009, 06:09 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default ***Computer Crash***

not my week,,,, saturday car crash,,,, wednesday computer crash,,,, Wanted to remind everyone to BACK UP,,, Fortunately I didnt lose too much as I back up to an external drive.. iust have to reload everything.... I would have been mad if I lost all my WFO pics..

***BACK UP TODAY***

Cheers
Mark
Old 11-20-2009, 05:11 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: ***Computer Crash***

Yeah, my desktop's a doorstop too. Still waiting on a replacement- the one I bought came with non-functioning USB ports. Thanks to DH, we have laptops to use, but I kinda miss the desktop. I hate laptop keyboards. And the screens are little.

My desktop was kind enough to boot up one last time for me so I could do a MUCH overdue backup before it refused to boot up at all. Must have been a higher power at work, because I hadn't done one in ages. And ages. Like, years. So I pulled EVERYTHING into the external in one mad dash for salvation. When I came back after going out, it was dead.

So, take the wonderful advice given- BACK UP everything you care about!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-21-2009, 04:47 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Hey Elizabeth,
Was trying to look at your brickoven pics, but it says the group is closed .... Are they anywhere else,,,

Cheers
Mark
Old 11-22-2009, 06:10 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

I think a lot of them are in the photo gallery. I'll have to get the other thing up and running again, I guess. I may have to find a different host, though...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-24-2009, 05:46 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Im using photobucket, but only for storage and backup.. I've never tried linking the pics.. pictures actually take up a tone of space.. I like to take very hi res then I can photoshop them depending on the application I need them for..
Old 11-24-2009, 06:54 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

I keep DVD-R manufacturers in business!

My laptop's motherboard bit the big one last week. Did you know you can turn an internal HD into an external HD? Now I just have to figure out what drivers I need to run the thing...

Sigh...

"Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal." -Mike Ditka
[/CENTER]
Old 11-24-2009, 08:01 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

I'm going to try to get the old one to function as an external eventually, but I have to get the new tower in place first. Apparently if I can stick the old one in the freezer it may be bootable long enough for me to turn it into an external OR to make sure that I have everything off it I need. (so the IT guy from the large local university tells me) I should have everything, but it's nice to think that I might be able to pull stuff off if I didn't snag it all....

No matter which way you slice it, BACK UP your stuff! I'm still marveling that the thing booted up that one last time so I could pull my photos, music and other stuff off before it went toes up.