Old 07-10-2009, 12:54 PM
Apprentice

Default Caution: This may make your head explode

http://http://gizmodo.com/5302406/ba...ur-way-to-work
Old 07-10-2009, 03:42 PM

Default Re: Caution: This may make your head explode

Since the link doesn't work, I delved into the annoying and glitchy gizmodo site to bring back this image:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-10-2009, 04:12 PM
Serf

It's cute, but there isn't nearly enough wood storage area.
Old 07-11-2009, 01:11 PM
Apprentice

Sorry about the broken link. The headline reads, "Bake A Delicious, Healthy Pizza On Your Way To Work"

Text: Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and how many of you drive to work each morning without any pizza in your stomach? This travesty shall be amended!

The $36 Porta-Pizza Oven is a toaster oven/pizza cooker that plugs into your car's 12V cigarette lighter. Despite top and bottom cooking elements providing high and low heat settings, we can't help but maintain a little skepticism. Even in their promo shot, the pizza is spilling out of the oven (presumably onto your car's leather seats...oh...you didn't get the upgrade? That's OK, we're sure your car is very nice. No really, we all know those luxury packages are a rip. And there's a recession on. Right, you're right—tell the valet that when he snickers at your interior. But if it makes you feel any better, he's probably laughing at the fact that you just downed a large Tombstone that you cooked on the way to the restaurant. Yeah, most people consider that a weird habit.).
Old 07-11-2009, 03:16 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Unreal. I knew these items were coming, just sooner than I thought.
Just a couple of years ago a co-worker and myself would joke around around with a friend who is a rep for one of the proprietary tool brands at your local big box DIY. They were (and still are) coming out with more cordless (and at that time several cigarette lighter) powered tools, gadgets and accessories. We kept telling him we would not be impressed until they came out with a toaster oven, crock pot, and deep fryer that we could plug into our cigarette lighter, joking that those of us who spend a lot of time behind the wheel deserve a good, "homecooked" meal while on the road away from home.

I'm holding out until the crock pot and deep fryer are available......I want a whole appliance set.....maybe and espresso machine too.

RT
Old 07-11-2009, 10:42 PM
Laborer

Mmmmm Espresso......
Old 07-12-2009, 09:03 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

It looks underinsulated to me. At 800 oF I can see it melting into a puddle of molten plastic and burning through the seat and floor of the car.

I can also imagine it melting the electrical system in the car and the battery as it drains power!

I like the oven on a trailer idea better!
Jay