Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > General > Chit Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2009, 12:07 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Bad Word! Bad Word! Bad Word! Stupid Locking Bolts! Bad Word! Bad Word!

Bad Word!

I have to remove six of the things so how many work right? One! One little bolt actually fits into its little square thingie so I can loosen it! What do the rest do? Twirl around like little rusty ballerinas. Do you know how long it takes to hacksaw through 5 bolts?!

Arrrgggghhhh!!!! Bad Word!

Name:  12219.gif
Views: 250
Size:  1.1 KB

"Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal." -Mike Ditka
[/CENTER]
Old 11-29-2009, 02:06 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thumbs up Re: Bad Word! Bad Word! Bad Word! Stupid Locking Bolts! Bad Word! Bad Word!

Just let it all out Archena!
Go on and say it, you'll feel much better.
Have you ever heard of a small angle grinder and those newish 1mm thin cutting blades? You can buy them for only a few dollars, they work an absolute treat and you have it for the next job, time and time again.
We have a discount auto store called Supercheap that had 4" angle grinders (and 500W reversing hammer drills) for $9.95 with a 2 year replacement warranty. Well I bought around 12 of each for the kids, friends and spares. I still have a couple but they don't last forever but for people like you who only use them occassionally and probably much less harder than I, they will last for years.
The 'dynabolts (those
Quote:
One little bolt actually fits into its little square thingie
are a hardened steel and not really designed to be hack sawed!

Neill

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neillís Pompeiii #1

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Neillís kitchen underway

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-29-2009, 02:22 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Bad Word! Bad Word! Bad Word! Stupid Locking Bolts! Bad Word! Bad Word!

Sigh... One left - and I'm having to saw backwards. My elbow is gonna fall off...

An angle grinder would eat the other components (let's face it, skillful, I'm not). I'm having a hard time keeping the saw blade away from them. I don't have enough room by the nut so I'm having to saw where the washers are. Of course, had I thought of that earlier I'd have made a trip to Lowes and given it a try. (Hmm, now that I think about it, I have seen them at Fred's as well.)

Thanks for the suggestion - I will probably pick one up next paycheck. I have to go finish cutting that (*%&*&% bolt so I can get the darn swing set into the back yard*.

*It's a long story. I need storage space so I got two swing sets from the folks down the street who were throwing them out. A tarp and some pallets will eventually become involved... No, I don't always over complicate things - why do you ask?

[/CENTER]

Last edited by Archena; 11-29-2009 at 02:26 PM.
Old 11-29-2009, 03:23 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Bad Word! Bad Word! Bad Word! Stupid Locking Bolts! Bad Word! Bad Word!

When the need arises - I use a Dremel tool with the abrasive blades. Will cut through a bolt with no problem. If you bind the blade they will shatter fairly easy. I think Harbor Freight may have a cheap knock off.

4000 High Performance Rotary Tool / Model: 4000

Les...

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.
Old 11-29-2009, 03:43 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Mission accomplished!!!!

Name:  4268.gif
Views: 189
Size:  1.2 KB

I'd like to thank Neil for his encouragement; my Dad for teaching me patience, perseverance and how to properly load and secure things!; my poor little hacksaw and its now mangled beyond recognition blade; and, of course, the Lord for all of the above!

Name:  12759.gif
Views: 220
Size:  1.6 KB

My elbow may never speak to me again... Oww... Name:  2373.gif
Views: 189
Size:  8.4 KB

[/CENTER]
Old 11-29-2009, 03:46 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thanks, Les! I'll check it out.

I still have six more on the other swing set...

Ooooooooowwwww!!!!!!

[/CENTER]