Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > General > Chit Chat

View Poll Results: Do you use FireFox
Absolutely! FireFox Rules! 13 76.47%
Nah, Still Using IE 2 11.76%
I don't have a browser - this is my mom's computer 1 5.88%
I don't even know what a firefox is! 1 5.88%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2010, 06:44 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Any (Fire)Foxes Out There?

Well? Are there?

"Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal." -Mike Ditka
[/CENTER]
Old 02-05-2010, 07:27 AM
Peasant

Default Re: Any (Fire)Foxes Out There?

Highly recommend using Firefox as the default web browser. There are already two COUNTRIES that highly recommend NOT using Microsoft's Internet Explorer because of the great many viruses and vulnerabilities. Just google Firefox, download and enjoy. Firefox has a huge number of add ons that are free - that sure make life easier.
Old 02-05-2010, 08:16 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

I use both, but I prefer Firefox. There are a few sites I need for work that don't work with it, though. I find firefox much faster and I really like the adblocker thingy.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-05-2010, 09:04 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

I admit, I use MS explorer for most everything at work and home EXCEPT for Forno Bravo. I've downloaded Firefox on all my computers last year and set the home page to Forno Bravo Forum. It makes hitting the circular fox icon a joy since he "fetches" this forum upon opening. OK, I need a life , I know.

Seriously, firefox is so much faster than everything. I'm playing with Chrome as well, but I love firefox. My 2 cents...

View My Picasa Web Album UPDATED oct

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Oven Costs Spreadsheet

My Oven Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 09:32 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

My computer science major daughter loooves Chrome. She uses Firefox too, but considers IE "the devil". I just get frustrated with all the things they keep wanting to install all the time! I downloaded a nifty little program called startup monitor (free) which keeps things from adding themselves to startup without letting me know. I rarely have it pop up on Firefox, but IE is always trying to insert something...

Old 02-05-2010, 11:14 AM
Journeyman

I've been with Fire Fox for long enough, I just assume the world works this way... Will use the Mrs's computer occasionally with IE, and am content with the Fox..

JED
Old 02-05-2010, 12:21 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Man you're missing a lot of options. Chrome and Safari come to mind. This forum probably doesn't have too many geeks on it, so you're probably safe excluding Opera and things like that, but no Safari? I mean come on, it's the Mac default!

Note: as a die-hard Mac user, I use FF exclusively...although I can't quite say why. I haven't experimented with various browsers in a long time.

I must admit, FF suffers from major memory-bloat. It's a good idea to quit and restart it once a week...which is easy since it can remember your session (and thus open all the windows and tabs again when it reopens).

Cheers!

WFO Webpage:

Thread:

Old 02-07-2010, 01:20 AM
Apprentice

I have both on my computer...and have read some nasty stuff about IE. Is explorer really that bad??? I know sometimes it doesnt let me look at some sites and stuffs around abit...but are those reports about IE really true?? If so I may have to start using FF more.
Old 02-07-2010, 01:41 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

IE, Chrome, Firefox and Safari on iPhone...
Old 02-07-2010, 03:20 PM
Peasant

Been using it for years. Wouldn't use any other. Too bad one can't uninstall IE.