Old 07-10-2008, 04:03 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thumbs up Wirrabara -South Australian- community oven

Hi all,
I just returned late last night from a visit to my birthplace and friends 3 hours drive north of Adelaide in forest country. My relos were talking of the community building a wood fried oven out the back of a shop to cater for the tourists but I have convinced them to log onto this forum as they have the base built (an old converted/concreted tank base) but I have sewn some seeds to abandon this and to build a mobile oven for use at their highly successful monthly markets, folk fairs, sporting activities, parties etc.
They are an enterprising group of people and just a warning you all that we may be sponsoring their thoughts and plans for yet another Pompeii down under.

I guess that I will be making a few extra 3 hour drives up there to get it completed as they are currently stuck with nobody able to help them complete their project.

Neill

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neillís Pompeiii #1

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Neillís kitchen underway

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by nissanneill; 07-11-2008 at 10:15 PM.
Old 07-10-2008, 10:40 PM
Serf

Default Re: Wirabarra SA community oven

Hi Neill,
When you have finished the mobile oven out in woop woop land, you come and give me a hand.!!!!!!
Leados
Old 07-14-2008, 12:01 PM
Master Builder

Why didn' tyou get them signed up and logged on while you were there?
Old 07-14-2008, 04:34 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thumbs up Re: Wirabarra SA community oven

You probably won't believe this but it it true, I was in a farmhouse that did not have a computer, not a dial up or broadband service! Otherwise I would have.
I have also shown the site to several others and if you check my referrals, I have 8 and James with all his contacts and postings has 16.
I hope to get a few more signed up as I feel that this WAS a premium forum until these wankers came in selling their shoes and biodiesel (should I also mention the phones)!
I know James is on to them and I dare say he has a host of emails, but they annoy the hell out of me. Cheap advertising I guess and they are certainly innovative but hopefully short lived especiall on this forum.

Neill

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neillís Pompeiii #1

Neillís kitchen underway

Old 07-14-2008, 08:29 PM
Apprentice

nissonniel
Couldn't agree more. Bloody wankers!
The only good part is that this is the first time in my whole life I have used the word wankers.