Old 03-11-2013, 03:05 PM
Serf

Smile *waves from Virginia, USA*

Greetings, pizza oven enthusiasts!

I'm so new to pizza ovens that I don't even have one...yet! I stumbled across the Forno Bravo site while doing a search for "build your own brick oven". It was hands down the most complete, easy-to-follow site I saw. After spending a day lurking around this forum, I couldn't stand it anymore and I signed up.

Anyway, my husband and I are still weighing our options. He wants to go all out and build one ourselves... but I'm the chicken who's considering an assembled one.

Haha we should have it figured out soon, and I'll post back when we've made our choice!
Old 03-11-2013, 04:25 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: *waves from Virginia, USA*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiroccoDream View Post
Greetings, pizza oven enthusiasts!

I'm so new to pizza ovens that I don't even have one...yet! I stumbled across the Forno Bravo site while doing a search for "build your own brick oven". It was hands down the most complete, easy-to-follow site I saw. After spending a day lurking around this forum, I couldn't stand it anymore and I signed up.

Anyway, my husband and I are still weighing our options. He wants to go all out and build one ourselves... but I'm the chicken who's considering an assembled one.

Haha we should have it figured out soon, and I'll post back when we've made our choice!
Waves as in a Navy Wave??

Welcome to the club!!!
Chip
Old 03-11-2013, 04:26 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Welcome! At first glance, it does appear to be a daunting task to build it out of brick. You are not the first. There is PLENTY of help here. The kit is obviously faster but more expensive. Either way you go, welcome to the obsession.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.
Old 03-11-2013, 05:43 PM
Master Builder

I'm in SW Virginia...how about you...welcome
Old 03-11-2013, 05:56 PM
Serf

Hi, Mr. Chipster, but I'm afraid we're "Go Army!" in this household! Hope you won't hold it against me. Thanks for the kind welcome!

Les, you are SO right about there being a lot of help available on this forum! I already know I've lost the battle...my husband's already downloaded the Pompeii oven ebook! I'm sure we'll be building sooner rather than later.

Faith, I'm in Central Va, near Charlottesville! Just a couple hours on 81, I reckon. Nice to meet you.

My one burning question, can an oven made from the Pompeii plans roast a turkey? Pizza's great, sourdough bread's even better, but a TURKEY in my VERY OWN brick oven would blow my mother-in-law's mind when I host Thanksgiving later this year!
Old 03-11-2013, 06:29 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchipster View Post
Waves as in a Navy Wave??

Welcome to the club!!!
Chip
Just a guess, maybe as in, Virginia Beach, VA??

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 03-12-2013, 09:07 AM
Laborer

I'm in Harrisonburg. You are more than welcome to see my oven if you would like.

I have roasted chickens, turkeys, cooked steaks...I think you can do pretty much anything you can dream up. Smoking, dehydrating, slow cooking. It is way cool to work with the oven.

A friend and I did multigrain bread last weekend after pizza the night before.

David
Old 03-12-2013, 09:35 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiroccoDream View Post
Faith, I'm in Central Va, near Charlottesville! Just a couple hours on 81, I reckon. Nice to meet you.

My one burning question, can an oven made from the Pompeii plans roast a turkey? Pizza's great, sourdough bread's even better, but a TURKEY in my VERY OWN brick oven would blow my mother-in-law's mind when I host Thanksgiving later this year!
Welcome! My wife and I almost relocated to that area a few years ago...beautiful, and lots of stone! You'll see how versatile these ovens are the most you research.

Current WFO build -

When we build, let us think that we build for ever.
John Ruskin