Old 01-24-2012, 10:48 AM
Serf

Default Question from Washington

Hi Everyone, I am new to wood fired pizza ovens and am getting ready to build one. I have been doing quite a bit of research and have a question that I cant find an answer to anywhere. I am an industrial sheet metal worker and could fabricate the dome out of 1/4" welded plate. Would this work instead of using bricks or refractory cement? My thought is to build the dome and opening out of this and then build a heavy steel box around the dome and pour it full of refractory cement and then put a steel top welded to the sides on it. I am looking at about a 32" dia oven and the floor would be fire brick. The whole thing will be sitting on a rolling platform. I have not seen anything with a metal liner in it anywhere, we work in big paper machine burners that are built similar to this and was thinking that if it would work I would prefer to do it like that. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 01-31-2012, 06:47 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thumbs up Re: Question from Washington

We don't get many steel oven discussions here, but, this (Steel Dome Oven) is one of them.

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Our One Meter Pompeii Oven album is
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

An album showing our Thermal Breaks is

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.