Old 02-15-2013, 01:51 PM
Serf

Default Primavera on my deck

Hi from the Chicago suburbs,

I am preparing my raised deck for a Primavera 70. I will be tiling a large area to hold the oven, have studied all the install stories here and am pretty much ready to go. Has anyone tiled their deck for their oven? I am interested in any pictures to see how it came out, anything I should know going in.

Thanks
Old 03-18-2013, 08:07 AM
Serf

Default Re: Primavera on my deck

I too have a primavera on my deck. I used to have it on a brick paver patio and recently moved it to a deck. I do not have tiling under it because I was concerned both about weight and about tiles cracking and the possibility of embers getting hidden and then fed with oxygen from underneath. Instead I was considering using fire retardant rugs like those available for hearths and then just picking them up & putting away when the oven was not in use.

I have another question for you: are you considering using a spark arrester for you chimney, & what about the door?

Thanks
Trish
Old 03-18-2013, 10:15 AM
Serf

Default Re: Primavera on my deck

Hi,

I am tiling a 50 sq ft corner of my deck, crosswise to the prevailing winds. Any sparks should go out into our 3 acre back yard, so no worries about neighbors. I hadn't thought about a spark arrestor, but I will now, because you can't be too careful, thanks. As soon as the weather permits here in the midwest, I'll be getting at it.

I'll be using this TI-PROBOARD™ Lets You Tile Anywhere as underlayment for the tile, I am not worried about weight or tile cracking. I (over)built the deck myself and will be adding some strategic reinforcement, but really, it won't be more weight than a few large guys standing around.

As for the oven door, I am replacing my wooden railings with wrought iron and will have a hanger on the railing for the door.

Still looking for any pictures.

davis