Old 05-20-2012, 06:25 AM
Serf

Default A Pizza Geeks Hello

Hi all. I have been reading posts for some time now and gleaning all I can. I have been making pizzas for a long time. Growing up in NY I was spoiled with what I thought was the best pizza in the world and set out to recreate it. The journey began with different recipes over the last couple years with little success. Finally I stumbled of Jeff's site which lead me to true Neoplolitan pizza. Over the last two years I have gotten much more serious *with it all and currently have 3 pizza ovens in my garage. I started with a simple gas bakers pride deck oven and am currently running a Marsal MB-60. With full 2" thick stones it is a beast. I also have a Toastmaster 3 deck and a digital Rinaldi Superforni deck I've got with hood system brought over from Italy. My long term goal is to sell the ovens I have now and to purchase a WFO for as authentic a neopolitan pizza as I can get.
Erik
Old 05-22-2012, 05:50 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thumbs up Welcome :)

Why not build your own pizza oven? You can buy that dream pizza oven from the fornobravo store, or, you can make your own using the free fornobravo plans. Lots of help available here as you plan and build. It is a good feeling to make your own. When you get your new the way you want it, you can always sell your other ovens on craigslist.

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Our One Meter Pompeii Oven album is
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

An album showing our Thermal Breaks is

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.