Old 03-14-2008, 10:05 AM
Brick Oven Merchant

Default Oven plans to Genova

We received a request for the Pompeii oven e-Book from a builder in Genova today. How cool is that. Maybe we should start translating the book back into Italian. :-)

James

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-14-2008, 09:13 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Oven plans to Genova

Huh? My experiences in Southern Italy led me to believe that there was no such thing as a do it yourself project. The locals always called someone to do even the easiest of jobs. My landlord was perplexed that I could even begin to diagnose, and even more perplexing, be correct as to the cause of the plumbing problems I was experiencing in my villa.

There's got to be tons of professional oven builders in his/her area of Genova. Something's changing - a way of life I guess. Perhaps the cost of building. Good for Forno Bravo in the end. Congrats James. The circle is compete.

-
Old 03-14-2008, 10:19 PM
Journeyman

There is a saying in the UK.........."taking coals to Newcastle" I guess Italians getting plans for ovens would be covered by this.

Old 03-15-2008, 05:06 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Are there any translations yet?

Tiempo para guzarlos.....
...enjoy every sandwich!
Old 03-15-2008, 10:18 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Well, the saying "taking coals to Newcastle" translates as "carrying owls to Athens" in German. Owls being a type of coin (with an owl on, surprisingly enough) and Athens being a rich city... or isn't that what you meant?
Old 03-15-2008, 11:53 AM
Brick Oven Merchant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frances View Post
Well, the saying "taking coals to Newcastle" translates as "carrying owls to Athens" in German. Owls being a type of coin (with an owl on, surprisingly enough) and Athens being a rich city... or isn't that what you meant?
That's a new one for me. Great learning new things.

I heard back from Sig. Luzzati, and he said he did all of his Internet research and that our plans and site are the best.

"Complimenti per le istruzioni – mi sembra che sia il materiale migliore che esista sul web.
Saluti,"

Very good.
James

Old 03-15-2008, 01:53 PM
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post
I heard back from Sig. Luzzati, and he said he did all of his Internet research and that our plans and site are the best.

"Complimenti per le istruzioni – mi sembra che sia il materiale migliore che esista sul web.
Saluti,"

Very good.
James
But we already knew that.

"It's time to go Vertical"

Old 03-15-2008, 04:26 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

James - I've never seen the word sembra. Como se dice en Englese?

-
Old 03-15-2008, 05:02 PM
Brick Oven Merchant

Appears or seems. Mi sembra che - It seems to me that....

James

Old 03-15-2008, 05:28 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

OK, none of us have mentioned how fantastic this is for James. We all evolve and look to be more independant, whether as individual, or regional (organic). James, this is fantastic. You need to protect your plans from being copied and patented by others, if not already. Through your gracious ways, we have been able to build our own successful ovens. The details may have been shared, and maybe we help you modify the techniques, but this is YOURS. Share the details in different languages, that is the power that is loved, appreciated, and respected worldwide. Imagine what would happen if you had various languages to this? I say, do it.

Acoma's Tuscan: