Old 10-05-2009, 02:14 PM
Serf

Default Newbie with a question

My husband and I are getting closer to finishing an outdoor fireplace that is supposed to have two wings that will house wood, etc. I had a "vision" that on one of the sides we should make it into a pizza oven. I have only begun investigating outdoor pizza ovens so my question may seem mundane, but here goes. In a lot of the pictures I've seen of outdoor pizza ovens I notice the base has an opening - is this opening primarily used to store the wood only? The cooking area is only in the top portion of the oven... is that correct?
I'm attaching a photo of our work in progress on our outdoor fireplace. I'm trying to figure out whether it would work to put an outdoor pizza oven on one side and a rock unit on the other side to store the wood.
Thanks for your feedback.
Attached Thumbnails
Newbie with a question-fireplace.jpg  
Old 10-08-2009, 08:02 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Newbie with a question

You are correct. The bottom parts of our ovens are for storage. They bases don't have any purpose other than to raise the actual oven to a convenient height for cooking.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Updated!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 10-09-2009, 04:01 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Newbie with a question

You can build a White oven on top of your fireplace, But it might be too late in your progress for that now,,, Search the forum for White Oven... You could always make the pizza oven next to the fireplace ???

Cheers
Mark