Old 01-27-2009, 11:48 AM
Serf

Default New WFO build in Northeast Florida

Well, the addictive nature of this forum has bitten me and caused me to go out and DO IT. I've started building my oven. I must say I am excited like a little kid. Much of my spare time is spent reading about refractory materials, how calcium aluminates work, what is the difference between medium and high grade firebrick, thermal mass, etc. In other words, it is an obsession. This new oven will be the 'cornerstone' of an outdoor kitchen plan. My only fear will be how to control the size of parties! All my friends are lining up their 2009 schedules to make room for Pizza nite at Joe's. This puts a lot of pressure on me to complete within a couple of months. I don't want to let down my friends .

I started December 27, 2008 and hope to finish by the end of February. It's an aggressive schedule for a part-time oven builder, me thinks. Even more aggressive for a noob. You can take a look at my progress so far on my blog. Why am I doing a blog? I have no idea. I guess it's the cool thing to do. No one's hit the site yet. But one day it might be a famous blog. Go here to be one of the first visitors The 1425 Chronicles . The site has pictures, crappy as they might be since they are the product of my phone camera.

Thanks to Forno Bravo for hosting this forum and all the advice on it.

I would like to hear from fellow Floridians, especially if any exist in the NE Florida (Jacksonville) area.
Old 01-27-2009, 10:59 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: New WFO build in Northeast Florida

I'll skip your blog. Good luck on your build.
G.

-
Old 01-28-2009, 01:25 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Obsession eh? Well, you've certainly got the right attitude, your oven should turn out great!

I think the blog looks good... but none of the pictures of your oven came up. But at least I now know what you want your oven to look like.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-03-2009, 02:48 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Hey Joe, Checked out your blog...oven looks great!
Nice to see another Gator on the boards!

Old 04-03-2009, 05:42 PM
Brick Oven Merchant

Great blog. Time to eat.
James