Old 01-11-2013, 11:25 AM
Serf

Default New User Building Smoke out

Just recently had an in door Brick oven built and now I have major issues with not enough draw from the flue. The builder used an 8 x 8 flue. The stack was approx 10 ft high clear from roof line or any other structure near bye. Thought the height chimney was the problem so we added 3 more feet. Still not enough draw to keep smoke out of building. Our next attempt on fixing the problem was to call a chimney expert in. So they arrived and looked at what we had and they stated the flue size should have been bigger. They had another suggestion on a possible fix So they cut what I would call a chase way for the smoke to almost funnel into the flue. Fired up the stove again, worked good for a 1hr until we pushed the fire back further in the dome. Again smoke out. Now we are looking into a power vent before we tear down the chimney and have a larger flue installed. Has anyone else had this problem? Will a power vent work before I spend the money?