Old 09-25-2013, 02:17 PM
Serf

Default New forum member

Hi,
Better get a first post in. I live in the Black Country, situated somewhere in the West Midlands of England. I make a mess of running the railway for a living and for fun I am a woodworker, diy'er, upcycler. I brew my own drink, make my own stuff and have some glorious failures at regular intervals. I am a bit disabled through a bicycle accident but only use this as an excuse for the shoddy workmanship that was present prior to the accident but without legitimate excuse.
My latest experience was to do a bakery course on artisan breads and realising that my home oven didn't cut the mustard I am now embarking on an excursion into wood fired ovens.
Well that's me and this is my first post, I am now off to discover the wonders of this forum
Old 09-27-2013, 05:38 PM
Journeyman

Default Re: New forum member

Aidey, you will find a vast amount of information and knowledge here in the forum. We will enjoy seeing your progress toward completing a working wood fired oven. Enjoy!

Chris

Link to my WFO album : http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/memb...nsylvania.html
Old 09-29-2013, 01:27 AM
Master Builder

Welcome aideym - This is a good place for advice and guidance. I am sure that you have some wisdom to share about relevant things as well. Most people do.

I am sure your decision to venture into the realm of WFO's will bring its own rewards. With a little care and a modicum of skill you will doubtless produce an oven capable of great baking, and excellent pizza, great roasts, slow cooks, smoked things and much more. My recent attempt at semi-drying tomatoes when I had a bit of a glut in the garden was a real reward.

I look forward to following your build. Good luck with it. Go hard!

Build Thread
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Build Pics
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Forno Food Pics
Old 09-29-2013, 03:48 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Welcome,

These ovens are marvelous tools. I suggest you do a couple things, if you have not done so already. First, download the free pompeli plans from Forno Bravo, our forum hosts, second, go to the "newbie" section and look for a thread by Lburou called "treasure archives" of something similar. This thread has links to some of the best documented WFO builds, third, Bruce from Florida, serves as an inspiration of what can be done by those who have had the misfortune to have a disability. Good luck.

Experiences are the names I call my mistakes!

Link to my build -

My Picassa Picture Log