Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Good Background Information > Introductions

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2012, 11:41 PM
Serf

Default New and excited

New to the wood fired oven arena...had a primavera 60 given to me, pick it up hopefully this next week. I'm like a kid on Christmas morning, I can't wait to start cooking. Hope to learn lots from all of you.

Matt
Old 07-24-2012, 07:55 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: New and excited

Welcome to the addictig site of WFOs. FireCapt??, fitting name for a WFOs. Lots of good ideas, knowledge on this site.
Old 07-24-2012, 09:11 AM
Serf

We just completed our wood pizza oven, waiting for concrete to dry then need spark arrester and we are ready to start our 7 days of burning. Any suggestions for tools? Saw some one had log holder, where do you find them? looking for any ideas to help first pizza to be a great one!
Old 07-24-2012, 09:53 AM
Peasant

I've got the primavera 70 bought this year....FANTASTIC oven. Couldn't be happier and use it all the time. Honestly, I can't imagine needing anything bigger at this point, this little oven fits my needs perfectly.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:34 AM
Serf

Well I finally got it! Took a bit longer and the wait was killing me, but I'm the new owner of a very slightly used Primavera 60! Best part is that I can start using is immediately since it's already be seasoned. I love this forum and want to try to make so many different things, I know this WFO is going to take our family backyard time to a whole new level. Thanks everyone for all the great info, hopefully I will be able to contribute something soon.

m
Old 08-23-2012, 02:18 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by firecapt View Post
Best part is that I can start using is immediately since it's already be seasoned.
Youll still have to cure it.....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-23-2012, 03:48 PM
Serf

Bad choice in words on my part...it's already been cured since it's used.
Old 08-23-2012, 04:08 PM
Administrator

Congratulations FireCapt! We hope you enjoy your oven! Take a look at our online recipes as well as recipes post in the forum by our wonderful community. With the holidays getting closer, you'll find fantastic recipes you can share with your family and friends.

Happy Cooking!
Old 08-23-2012, 04:16 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Youll still have to cure it.

Old 08-23-2012, 04:37 PM
Serf

Obviously I'm missing something then...my understanding was once the oven had been cured it didn't need to be done again, especially since it's been used for the past year on a somewhat regular basis, and although I refered to it as slightly used, it has already been cured. It's last meal from the previous owner was last week. So if I'm not correct in my thinking, could someone please advise me otherwise.