Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Good Background Information > Introductions

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By calbert

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2013, 05:54 PM
Serf

Cool New Build from Thibodaux, La. USA

Hello everyone, I wish I would have found this forum before I began this project. I have been reading some of these threads and they are very informative. I began designing this project a few months ago. I even drew everything up in auto cad. It began being just a traditional old time cold smoke house with fire box. Then I decided to build the pizza oven on top. It is very unique design that I have not seen on any of these designs on here but I hope it works. the pizza oven is built on top of my fire box. I have a plug made out of fire bricks in my hearth that can be removed to allow the heat to be drawn to the pizza oven. if anyone thinks i need to be concerned about anything I would appreciate your comments. i sure do have a lot of work into this project.
OzOvenBuilder likes this.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:02 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: New Build from Thibodaux, La. USA

A couple of things come to mind, if you plan to heat the oven from below only? If so bad idea you will loose a lot of heat to the firebox below.

If the lower chamber is only for smoke then I would really like to see some photos, You may also want to consider heating the oven chamber prior to smoking and begin your smoking when the chamber gets down to your desired smoking temp, If well insulated the oven chamber will stay at the desired temps for a long time, maybe for ever as the introduction of smoking heat would offset almost any heat loss if well regulated.

Chip
Old 02-26-2013, 06:17 PM
Serf

Default Re: New Build from Thibodaux, La. USA

Chip,
I have some pictures posted already. Not sure where to tell you to find them but they come up when I log on in the new pictures thread. The pizza oven can be heated up by both the fire box below and the oven fire if wanted or either/or. i have about 12" of brick between the the hearth floor and top of fire box. The smoke for the smoke house will only generated from the fire box below from a pipe under the oven which has a damper. I am sure it may be hard too visualize. I will need to take more pictures of the progress I have made.