Old 06-30-2006, 07:07 AM
Serf

Default Neat forum!

Hi all.

I found this forum from reading an article about wood fired pizza. My story:

I started a new job last fall that has me in a home office. This affords me time to use my grill every single day for lunch. This led to daily experiments with fire and charcoal and wood as I attempted to perfect the ancient art of barbecue. As this progressed, I got pretty good with a smoker and with direct heat. One thing leads to another and I decide to try a deli style pizza from Wal-mart, of all places, on the grill using an indirect wood fire. The pizza cooked so fast and the six dollar pie was so much better than it should have been. I thought I must be on to something so I started to research pizza and ovens and grilling. Now I have made several pizzas on my grill and just bought a pizza stone to try in the kitchen (and maybe on the grill too -- though the grill lacks top heat). I am already planning what my outdoor oven will be like and deciding how to build it. Now the fact that I have found a forum dedicated to my newest interest means that I am going to be working long days trying to fit in my job and reading everything here!
Attached Thumbnails
Neat forum!-img_1930.jpg