Old 05-19-2006, 10:22 PM
Apprentice

Default Native Texas Plant Tour

I know this is super late notice, but our home is going to be on the Native Texas Plant Tour on 5-20 from 10am - 5pm. If any members or guests are in the Dallas/Fort-Worth area, please try to come by.

I am going to fire up the oven and make pizza and other goodies...my caputo arrived just in time. The dough looks like it came out really nice. I loaded up on fresh cow's milk mozz, buffalo mozz, sausage, peppers, etc. Last year we probably had 100 people come through - although I can't feed that many!

So if you want to see an oven in operation - definitely come check it out. I'll post pics after the event.

If anyone is in the vicinity send me a private message or email jjerrier@mac.com and I'll give you directions.
Old 05-20-2006, 03:53 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Tour

jjerier,

Sorry to miss the tour. Sounds very fine and great wood fired food, too. I was in Indio, CA, in February a few years back when the desert was in full bloom; never forget it. Native Texas plants sound very interesting indeed.

Jim
Old 05-20-2006, 06:34 AM
Apprentice

Make sure to post some pics of your bakery opening!

Hopefully this is a good sign, but an artisan bakery named Voila! just opened here in Allen, Texas. It was started by a German guy who was disappointed in the quality of local breads...so he just decided to open a bakery. Does not have a wood oven - but the breads are amazing and the place is always packed. They do sandwhiches and salads too.
Old 05-21-2006, 06:58 PM
The Pizza "Common-Sewer"

Default Darn :(

JJerier,

Too bad about the short notice . I could have been there with a bit more time to prepare. Anytime I can justify a drive into Dallas I go. Oh, and if there is good pizza waiting for me, then that's justification enough!

Oh well, maybe next time. I hope you had fun, it sounds like it would have been a nice time.

Bill