Old 01-24-2007, 12:39 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Smile Many Thanks James/FB Forum Posters

James: I wanted to take another moment and thank you for developing this forum and to also thank those who take the time to regularly post on the FB forum like Canuck Jim.

I was showing a friend my Horno del Lena (wood fired oven) the other day and he asked how I knew what I was doing. I responded that my wife and I have always loved to cook and have been willing to try many new recipes an techniques. It wasn't that hard.

Then, on reflection, I told him that I'd found the Forno Bravo forum and had learned a lot before I'd fired it up. That's very true...without the FB postings I'm sure I would have not had all the successful pizzas, breads, meats and vegetables that we have enjoyed and shared.

Thanks to you and all you posters. Learning, Experimenting, and Sharing...
May you alll have many successful firings.

XJim

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Tiempo para guzarlos.....
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
...enjoy every sandwich!
Old 01-24-2007, 08:48 AM
Apprentice

Default Re: Many Thanks James/FB Forum Posters

I'll second that.

In researching my oven, I found many websites and manufacturers and builders. Some were local to the USA, some downunder and many from Italy. I even stopped by to meet James, who could not have been more cordial and helpful that day that I showed up out of the blue.

And no where can be found a group such as we have here. I start my day reading this forum. And I have spend many a weekend, inspired by what I have found here.

My hats off to James and all of the rest of us.

J W
Old 11-03-2008, 07:35 AM
Serf

James,
Thank you for this wonderful forum, I have gained so much from the forno bravo website only wish saw the pictures when I was stumped on builing my roof some great stuff here!!
John
Old 11-12-2008, 11:19 AM
Apprentice

I know my build would not be going nearly as smooth or worry-free if I weren't able to hit up the forum for advice!
Old 11-12-2008, 01:18 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thumbs up Re: Many Thanks James/FB Forum Posters

It just goes to show that from a necessity, comes a good idea, with great response from an enthusiastic group of participants.
On ya James!!!
I am also aware of a lot of the other WFO sites but none compare with this one. I am not normally one for forums as they often get out of hand but a select few members, but this one keeps on keeping on with ideas, help to others and all for free!!! A big bonus for those budget builders especially in today's economic environment.

Neill

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neillís Pompeiii #1

Neillís kitchen underway

Old 11-12-2008, 01:29 PM
Brick Oven Merchant

Thanks guys,
I appreciate that. Keep building and having fun.
James

Old 11-12-2008, 01:45 PM
Apprentice

James

I have to jump in as well. If it were not for this forum my out door kitchen would be minus a WFO. Thanks James and all who contribute to make it possible.

Mannextdoor
Old 11-12-2008, 02:12 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannextdoor View Post
Thanks James and all who contribute to make it possible.

Mannextdoor
Ditto - When I came across this site, I was looking for oven kit's. Paul and Robert (two of the first builders that have long since passed) gave me the bug to build my own. The plans evolved from those days and every week we see a clever improvement. Thanks Again James!

Les...

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.
Old 11-12-2008, 05:15 PM
Master Builder

I've got to say thanks too - I had wanted a brick oven for years but I would never have taken the leap from dream to reality if not for the pompeii plans and the support of the WFO community here on this forum!

Sarah
Old 11-12-2008, 08:00 PM
Apprentice

I totally agree. Since this is Thanksgiving time, I also want to say "thanks" to James and others who allowed me to walk through the process of building something that I knew nothing about!