Old 10-10-2012, 07:51 PM
Serf

Default Just thought I would say hello

I'm new to wood ovens, I built one this summer based on some pictures a friend sent me. The oven was inexpensive and works. Now that I'm back in town and have internet connections I find that there is a large community with similar interests. I hope to learn from your experiences.

I live in Canada, my oven is at our cabin. Our first pizza were disasters but we have since mastered the crust at least. At our last firing we baked 8 pizzas, everyone one thought they were great but I'm sure they could be better.

this is the build
Daryl Richardson Metalsmith: Wood Fired Brick Oven
Old 10-11-2012, 02:25 PM
Master Builder

Default Re: Just thought I would say hello

Welcome Daryl
Great job from a picture! There is a world of information here. Are you planning to build a second oven?
Texman

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-11-2012, 03:26 PM
Administrator

Hi Daryl,
Welcome to the Forno Bravo forum community. We have active and friendly members who are happy to answer any questions.

Enjoy!
Old 10-11-2012, 07:09 PM
Serf

Quote:
Originally Posted by texman View Post
Welcome Daryl
Great job from a picture! There is a world of information here. Are you planning to build a second oven?
Texman
Thanks Texman
I had several pictures, start to finish, it seems like they used clay sand and horse manure for mortar, I didn't have anything but sand. I will build a proper oven when we build our cabin, but this one works well enough for now. The information here is incredible, I wish I had found it earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moderator View Post
Hi Daryl,
Welcome to the Forno Bravo forum community. We have active and friendly members who are happy to answer any questions.

Enjoy!
Thank you, this is a great site and very informative, I have so much to learn, I'm sure I will find the answers here.