Old 06-06-2012, 06:40 PM
Serf

Default Just starting our outdoor oven adventure

We're Ama and Papa. We love to cook outdoors, whether in our backyard or camping. Papa built a full sized pig roaster a couple of years ago, used it a couple of times, then repurposed much of it and a couple other wood, coal and gas burning units we had, to make one very versatile (and large) "grill" that works great. Now we're expanding our outdoor cooking facilities and are ready to start our adobe oven within the next few weeks. Ama (me) will design and Papa will employ his vast building skills to execute while I supervise. I am taking a class in Grand Marais, MN in July 2012, about baking with ancient grains and hearth baking. We've already gained a great deal of knowledge from reviewing others' posts on this forum. We'll also post photos and details as we progress.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:15 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thumbs up Welcome :)

You have come to the right place to study about wood fired ovens and hearth breads.

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Our One Meter Pompeii Oven album is
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

An album showing our Thermal Breaks is

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.
Old 06-08-2012, 06:46 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Just starting our outdoor oven adventure

Hi Ama & Papa,
I have a sidewalk superintendent too. Lburou has compiled a great collection of links to wfo builds on this forum. Look under newbie section for treasure archives, it is a great resource for ideas and techniques for building wfos. Welcome aboard.

Russell