Old 06-07-2007, 11:35 PM
Serf

Default Intro

Hello and thanks,

My wife and I built a house three years ago and I have been working on finishing the basement and do some landscaping. Last summer I worked on a retaining wall/water fall planter (which is almost done) and I was thinking of building an outdoor fire place to enjoy in the evenings, when a friend mentioned that he was thinking of building a wood burning pizza oven. What a strange thought!

The more I thought about it the more I liked the idea too and recently went online to find out more about pizza ovens. I found Forno Bravo, the plans, the ideas, and the people who so actively share their experiences (thank you).

Recently a person a near us was taking out his fireplace and was getting rid of the brick etc. WooWee! So I loaded up what was left that I thought I could use and came away with some fire brick, regular brick and some chimney flues. It is the start of my pizza oven... and as soon as I can finish some of these other jobs I need to do, I'll get started... someday... sigh... but I do have some brick!
Attached Thumbnails
Intro-bricks.jpg   Intro-waterfall.jpg  
Old 06-08-2007, 03:23 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thumbs up Re: Intro

Go for it Ian.
I thought about an oven around 3-4 months ago and almost got mine finished now. I have an advantage in that I have a built up retaining wall and the oven is cut into the retained garden, - no stand required.
You will get a huge amount of valuable information from forum members, so just ask.
Good luck with your oven.

Neill

« Intro | New »