Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Good Background Information > Introductions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2010, 01:33 PM
Serf

Default I do not like when my post must wait for approval.

I withdraw.
Old 02-05-2010, 09:38 AM
Journeyman

Default Re: I do not like when my post must wait for approval.

*sniff* ...gettin' all misty over here...
Old 02-05-2010, 10:24 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

We had a lot of problems with Spammers. I think this policy has been very helpful in cutting down the spam. Once you get above some minimum number of posts, this restriction goes away.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-05-2010, 11:19 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

I admit, I was suspicious of this when I first joined, but honestly, you only have to post a few times to be verified as a "human" (as opposed to a spammer-bot). From then on, this forum is absolutely amazing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

WFO Webpage:

Thread:

Old 02-05-2010, 11:54 AM
Peasant

we'll at least the " I withdraw post got through" We'll miss you
J
Old 02-05-2010, 11:58 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

He was a bit impatient. As a free lance software developer (on the side, it's not my bread and butter) I'm always very frustrated when users offer up a complaint as their explanation for running, then disappear too quickly for me to address their concern. If they would simply communicate their concern to me or ask for help, I could frequently explain the situation to them, or even help them find a way around the problem.

It's extremely vexing when people refuse to ask for help and one is pleadingly willing to offer it.

WFO Webpage:

Thread:

Old 02-05-2010, 12:15 PM

Let's pause for a moment of appreciation for James and this forum. Despite the fact that he is in the business of selling modular ovens, he pays for, and does most of the work of, maintaining a forum for amateur builders. It is, for the most part, a haven of helpfulness and civility in an internet that is not noted for these qualities.

A couple of us have the word "moderator" in our headings, mostly by virtue of being frequent posters. We, for the most part, do not moderate. James does all the work. I for one, appreciate it.

And Millie T. Cook? If you have useful things to bring to the forum, or legitimate questions, we'll miss you. If not, well, have a nice life.
Old 02-05-2010, 12:17 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Three cheers! Hear hear!

WFO Webpage:

Thread:

Old 02-05-2010, 04:18 PM
Brick Oven Merchant

Hi guys,

Just a quick note on this. We try to moderate the forum once in the morning and once in the afternoon. Weekends aren't as consistent.

I also have to say that we really do delete scores of spam postings every day, and that it just keeps getting worse -- and that we are continually installing all of the spam blocking software we can find.

So new posters, you have to bear with us a little for just the first posting. It's easy after that!

James

Old 02-05-2010, 04:51 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thank you very much, both for providing the forum and for killing the spam.