Old 05-23-2012, 09:19 PM
Serf

Default Howdy Everyone from Jack Rabbit Junction

Grettings everyone,
Name's Larry. I've been perusing the site and forums for over a year and a half and have finally bitten the bullet and decided to build a 36" Pompei style oven in my backyard.

Last month I poured the base slab, the last few weekends I've been laying out cement block, going to fill cores thin Memorial Day weekend. It takes me a while because I only have a Jeep Wrangler and I throw a few bags of mortar/concrete, or 13 ciner blocks, or 40 fire bricks in the back on my way home from work.

Anyways, I'll take the following week off to go to California for my youngest niece's High School graduation, then on the 15th, I'll rent a small mixer from HD and pour my hearth.

That about is where I'm at for now, Oh Yeah, for those who might be wondering? Jack Rabbit Junction used to be the name for Silver Springs Nevada in the Great Basin.

Cheers
Larry Montee aka lmontee
Old 05-25-2012, 06:28 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thumbs up Welcome Larry :)

It sounds like you have a good plan. A daily trip to the supply center seemed the norm for quite a while for me, your trips home from work with a load of essentials will soon aggregate all you need to build your oven...A good plan.

If your planning can stay a step or two ahead of your work, you will have a minimum of do-overs.

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Our One Meter Pompeii Oven album is
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

An album showing our Thermal Breaks is

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.