Old 06-27-2011, 06:11 PM
Peasant

Default How long did it take you to build your oven?

I am curious about the time it takes people from start to finish. My brother and I built our first one in 8 days. Two tow build the base, three to build the dome, two to insulate and stucco, and one to tile the base. There was also a day after that we used to clean up the area, install the soapstone cooking surface, and build the aluminum door.
How long does it take everyone else? I don't know if I can post pics on here, but I have them on face book. Thanks oven builders.
Old 06-29-2011, 09:26 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: How long did it take you to build your oven?

Exactly 12 months.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Updated!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 06-29-2011, 11:31 AM
Apprentice

Wow, that was fast...Posting pictures is fairly easy-- just press the manage attachments button under the text box when you post. I would love to see what you have done..as would others I am sure. I am into my third summer finishing it up.

Peter
Old 06-29-2011, 01:14 PM
Peasant

I am on face book at Trimwerks. If you search for that you can see most of my pics. I am on a mobile and can't post here. I will try tonight. Let me know what you think if anyone looks up Trimwerks on face book. Thanks guys.
Old 06-29-2011, 01:19 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

My first one took me 3 days, the second one a couple of months.

Old 06-29-2011, 02:37 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

If you count all of the research, building tools, excavating, finding materials, purchasing tools equipment and the like I am over a year now and just poured my foundation yesterday. I figure it will take me another two months to complete. Here is hoping that is a good estimate.

Chip
Old 06-29-2011, 02:45 PM
Journeyman

It took me 8 months to finish the oven, 4 more to do the prep area with sink, and tile. But it was the first time I had done any of this so I was slow. I only worked on weekends and took about a month break from the oven over the holidays.
Old 06-29-2011, 04:27 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Almost 2 years, so far, but I built the oven itself in a couple of days. The rest is fenestration.
Old 06-29-2011, 05:32 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Steven,

Were you and your bro moving so fast that you completed the dome and enclosure you forgot to install the soapstone floor? Can't get into Trimwerkson Facebook. Would love to see your build pics here.
Old 06-29-2011, 05:50 PM
Peasant

Lol. No. We put the soapstone in afterwards. We make a template, have it cut and then install it.

Tags
construction, labor, materials, oven building, time to build