Old 09-20-2007, 02:47 PM
Serf

Smile Hi from Southend-on-Sea, UK

Hi,

I'm George - I've been trying to figure out what I can do to replicate the real Italian pizza since working in Napoli on and off for a couple of years and not returning there for three years. Pizza hut just doesn't do it for me.
Figured out I need a pizza oven - and I don't want to buy a ready made so I've been reading as much as I can for the last couple of months - and have settled on the Pompeii. All I need is a bit of advice - from reading this forum I think i'm in the right place!
Old 09-20-2007, 10:29 PM
Master Builder

Default Re: Hi from Southend-on-Sea, UK

Welcome, you're definitely in the right place. You're looking at a really fun project.
Old 09-20-2007, 10:36 PM
Brick Oven Merchant

Welcome aboard. There is a good British contingent in the group, and as Marc says -- you going to have a fun project and some great pizza.

Missing Italia?

James

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-21-2007, 04:03 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thumbs up Re: Hi from Southend-on-Sea, UK

Hi George,
as James says, Welcome aboard!
You are most certainly in the right place, especially if you want to enjoy a tried and well proven brick wood fired oven construction.
Only one problem with this forum is that you can't leave it alone until you are enjoying the prosucts from your new construction and then referring to different threads. Just the help and encouragement from the great members.
Read, ask question, construct and enjoy.

Neill

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neillís Pompeiii #1

Neillís kitchen underway

Old 09-21-2007, 04:46 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

:smile: Hi!

"Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal." -Mike Ditka
[/CENTER]
Old 09-21-2007, 10:13 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Welcome, and good luck.

You ARE in the right place!

My costs:

My pics:

Old 09-21-2007, 03:33 PM
Serf

Hi,
Thanks so much for the welcome - i've mentioned this project to just a few people - and there is no negativity! - it's like -build the oven and they will come!
this week is sourcing the materials - a firebrick in Dudley has been mentioned at an extremely reasonable price -so thats my objective for this weekend - if anyone knows the best place to buy firebricks in the UK -don't be shy!
Old 09-22-2007, 04:10 AM

Threads:

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f2/b...ighlight=brick (Bricks - UK Source????)

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f6/u...ighlight=brick (UK Supplier of Firebricks and other items)

Suppliers:

Dudley Designs

Purimachos

And of course eBay.co.uk, for links to the UK's amazing used building material network.

The search was a little cumbersome, because FB forum wouldn't accept UK as a search term. Good luck with your project.
Old 09-24-2007, 01:06 PM
Laborer

Firebricks in the Uk are becoming very expense just now due to a world shortage and an increase in transport and raw materials prices. Costs have risen by 10 – 15 % over the last few months.

If you have difficulty getting hold of firebricks in the UK drop me an email and I will see if we can get you some.

Alf
Old 09-24-2007, 03:19 PM
Serf

Alf,

Thanks alot - that's really appreciated!

I found 1" firebricks over the w/end for £1.36 plus VAT and 2" for £1.86 plus VAT - that was at BSG supplies.

Hopefully I can find them cheaper somewhere else - but thanks for your offer and I will definitely take you up on it if I have no luck.

All the best!