Old 06-19-2008, 11:12 AM
Laborer

Default Hello from the UK

Well, I've been thinking and planning of building wood-fired oven in my back garden. About a year ago I was looking at an Alan Scott design. A few days ago I've found this site, and I'm definitely leaning towards the Pompeii design now, following some glowing reviews across a few other forums.

A bit worried, mind, since I've never laid a brick in my life, but I've got a few tame builder mates to help me out...
Old 06-19-2008, 11:41 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Hello from the UK

Welcome aboard.

Do plenty of reading. And feel free to ask questions. Someone here will usually answer them pretty quickly.

My best advice is to read the e-book and then find a few ovens that you like and follow that builder's thread for a little more insight.

Be aware though. I think most of us our in favor of the Pompeii design, but some members have built barrel style ovens.

Once again, welcome aboard.

Dave

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My costs:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My pics:

Old 06-19-2008, 11:42 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Hello from the UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by aureole View Post

A bit worried, mind, since I've never laid a brick in my life, but I've got a few tame builder mates to help me out...
Don't worry, most of us never laid a brick in our lives.

Check out Ken's Kentucky Dome thread.

He never laid a brick before and did beautiful work!

My costs:

My pics: