Old 04-02-2014, 07:16 AM
Serf

Default Hello from Tampa Bay Florida

I've been smoking meat in my homemade masonry smoker for about 18 years now - and I guess I'm feeling that it is time to expand my outdoor kitchen to include a brick pizza oven. I'm not sure what design I will go with - just trying to learn as much as I can about them before I start building. This appears to be a very good forum - I'm looking forward to the adventure!

Terry in Tampa Bay

Old 04-02-2014, 02:39 PM
Journeyman

Default Re: Hello from Tampa Bay Florida

Hi Terry and welcome to the forum. I lived in that area back in the late 80's. I'm sure it's quite different now. Have fun building your WFO. You came to a good place.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"You better cut the pizza in four pieces, because I'm not hungry enough to eat six." - Yogi Berra
Old 04-02-2014, 02:59 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PianoV View Post
I've been smoking meat in my homemade masonry smoker for about 18 years now - and I guess I'm feeling that it is time to expand my outdoor kitchen to include a brick pizza oven. I'm not sure what design I will go with - just trying to learn as much as I can about them before I start building. This appears to be a very good forum - I'm looking forward to the adventure!

Terry in Tampa Bay

Any pictures of your smoker? I built one about 15 years ago.....it had a reverse batter on the walls, which where made out of 18th century reclaimed brick and a slate roof. I wish I built one for myself.......

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Current WFO build -

When we build, let us think that we build for ever.
John Ruskin
Old 04-02-2014, 06:09 PM
Master Builder

Welcome Terry - You have come to the right place. There are some very knowledgeable people who contribute to the forum and this resource has helped a lot of first time builders to complete their ovens.

It is certainly a project that is well worth the doing and a source of great satisfaction each time you fire it up.

Look forward to following your build.

Build Thread

Build Pics

Forno Food Pics
Old 04-03-2014, 04:18 AM
Serf

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
Any pictures of your smoker? I built one about 15 years ago.....it had a reverse batter on the walls, which where made out of 18th century reclaimed brick and a slate roof. I wish I built one for myself.......
Yes I do have pictures. I tried to post one with my original post, but it doesn't look like it worked - I'll try again.

/Users/terryfarrell/Desktop/P1010002.JPG