Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Good Background Information > Introductions

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2007, 08:03 PM
Serf

Default Hello from Pleasanton, CA

Hello, all!

We're in the process of remodeling our pool, and redesigning our pool deck, and generally ripping up most of our small back yard. Finally I'd have a portion of my yard that would be appropriate for a pizza oven.

I ~might~ put in a pizza oven, and this site certainly has a lot of posts for me to research. I think the only way I could budget it at this point would be to build the oven myself... we'll see!
Old 01-07-2015, 04:10 AM
Serf

Default Re: Hello from Pleasanton, CA

share some latest pics

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-07-2015, 04:46 PM
Master Builder

Hi bplein. Welcome to the forum. You came to the right place. Lots of helpful and knowledgeable WFO builders on here to help you along the way. You can do it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

It was me. I let the dogs out.
Old 01-07-2015, 07:34 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Welcome bplein - you have come to the right place. I am sure that someone from your part of the world will be able to come up with a ball park figure on cost if you provide some more detail about what you intend to build. There is everything on here from the absolute bargain basement builds to some that rival the Taj Mahal

I am sure that you will find all the ideas and advice that you need here if you decide to progress your build.

Build Thread

Build Pics

Forno Food Pics
Old 01-07-2015, 07:54 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

G'day
Sorry guys bplien post is from 2007....

Regards dave
Les likes this.

My Build

My Door

Old 01-07-2015, 08:04 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

He might be finished by now you think?
Les likes this.

Build Thread

Build Pics

Forno Food Pics
Old 01-07-2015, 08:25 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

That's how that happens - someone blows the dust off of a post and it gets new life... The thread is just about 8 years old - I hope the oven is complete.

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Last edited by Les; 01-07-2015 at 08:27 PM.
Old 01-07-2015, 09:15 PM
Serf

Ha! What a blast from the past!

So, years ago in Pleasanton, we left a spot in the yard for a pizza oven. The time to build it never came.

About 3 years ago we decided to look at other places to live, on a whim.

A month after making the decision to look around, we flew to Austin, Texas, to take a look. My wife had some family in the state, and Austin is a great town to begin with, so we started there.

On that trip we bought a house. We hadn't expected to, but we did it.

Fast forward two more years, and we finally purchased a Forno Bravo Primavera and put it on a newly installed deck. Not the same big project envisioned in California, but we love our pizza oven and have had several pizza parties and cooked several dozen pizzas.
Attached Thumbnails
Hello from Pleasanton, CA-2014-12-24-17.43.56.jpg   Hello from Pleasanton, CA-2014-11-28-19.30.08.jpg   Hello from Pleasanton, CA-2014-11-01-18.31.02-copy.jpg  
cobblerdave likes this.
Old 01-07-2015, 09:48 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Very Cool! The dusty post caught my attention because I grew up in Port Chicago / Bella Vista / West Pittsburg / Bay Point - Pretty much all the same place ( with a different name) in East bay. I am glad you didn't give up on the dream :-)

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.
Old 01-07-2015, 10:41 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

G'day bplien
I thinks its time that we ( members past and present) apologize for taking our time in answering
Great to hear from you !
Regards dave
Gulf likes this.

My Build

My Door