Old 07-01-2008, 07:40 PM
Serf

Default Hello from Kenya

Hi All,

My wife and I live in Nanyuki, Kenya (right next to Mount Kenya and pretty much on the equator). Nanyuki has exactly zero good pizza resteraunts and I've been craving good pizza for a few years now.

I've been lurking on the site since November last year. It's very informative and often quite entertaining.

I've downloaded the plans and built a 42 inch Pompei oven. Surprisingly enough, most items were readily available in Kenya. Fire bricks (extras left over from a large Comercial kiln project) and vermiculite were the easiest to find.

As soon as I get the photos in order I'll post a selection showing the construction process.

Tom T
Old 07-01-2008, 07:45 PM

Default Re: Hello from Kenya

Hooray! It's often hard to find refractory materials in tropical climates: a lot of us here in the states shop at places that sell to masons building masonry fireplaces, and those are scarce in hot areas.

We look forward to your pictures.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.