Old 04-13-2009, 04:56 PM
Apprentice

Default Hello, I'm back!

Hello again all,

I am back, because I am finally in the process (almost) of starting my build. It's been a long time, relatively speaking, for a bunch of reasons. Got busy at work, work has killed basically all internet connectivity to anything (including Forno Bravo), etc, ....

I decided to have my outdoor kitchen slab poured, as opposed to doing the digging, rebar, etc. myself, and to get started I had to move about 1.5 tons of thin flagstone that I have for walkways about 6 feet, just to get it out of the way. That I did yesterday. This week and next I will get concrete contractors out to estimate the L-shaped thing with the strange little octogan sticking out of the corner, so I can get the basic slab poured.

I have no clue what is going on with everybody right now, and I really miss following all the builds.

I hope to be able to spend a little bit more time reading everybody elses stuff, as well as posting my own progress. It's about time I got that octagonal concrete block construction out of my driveway and on a slab where I can build an oven on it!

Travis'n'Texas
Old 04-14-2009, 09:58 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Hello, I'm back!

Wahoooo! Travis is back!

Yup, you got a lot to catch up on. And having a contractor pour your foundation for what sounds like a good size outdoor kitchen area is a good idea. It will get you to the fun stuff of the oven build quicker.

You would be surprised at the people who started & finished their ovens in the last few months. You would also be surprised at those (me) slow pokes who go 2-3 weeks between oven rings and cannot seem to close up their domes.

Nice to have you back, Dino

View My Picasa Web Album UPDATED oct

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Oven Costs Spreadsheet

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Oven Thread