Old 03-10-2013, 07:43 PM
Master Builder

Cool Hello from Florida

Hello all,
I've been hanging around this site going over the all the good information for some time now. I had wanted to build some type of built in BBQ on my patio for some years now. Searching for ideas I stumble across the FB site. I fell in love with idea of building my own pizza oven and all the other potential uses. I quickly dove in head first with some of my rough designs. My oven stand is up a ready for some insulation and firebrick. The stand was the easy part for me, having some construction back ground. Now the fun begins. Soon as I get over my fear of cutting my first fire brick. Wish me luck. I’m in the process of building that indispensible tool. I have a few questions if anyone is interested. I plan on mounting a rod on to a door hinge. I am considering using the hole in the hinge already, to use as the pivot point. This will have some offset from dead center of the oven. But I think it will still work and also lower the inside height dimension a little. Is this true?
Attached Thumbnails
Hello from Florida-sspx0010.jpg   Hello from Florida-sspx0027.jpg   Hello from Florida-sspx0034.jpg   Hello from Florida-sspx0082.jpg   Hello from Florida-sspx0083.jpg  

Last edited by kbartman; 03-13-2013 at 06:48 PM. Reason: attaching photos

Tags
base, indispensible tool, stand, tools