Old 06-19-2011, 10:51 AM
Serf

Default hello from florida

My name is Andrew, I llive in Winter Haven, Fl. I was searching for homemade brick bbq's and found this site. I work for a wholesale pool supply distributor. We recently started carrying Primo grills and have one at work that we grill on. The Primo rep baked a couple of pizzas on the pizza stone and I was amazed at how good it made an ordinary pizza taste. I used to have a big green egg and I have a hibatchi style clay grill that my Grandfather used on hunting trips many decades ago. I have access to portland cement, perlite, vermiculite and mortar through work. I always enjoy building my own rather than buying something. From what I have read so far, this seems to a wealth of info for "diy". I quess now my bbq is going to have pizza oven off to one side of it.
Old 06-24-2011, 07:24 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thumbs up Welcome :)

A lot to learn about wood fired ovens....This is a great place to hang out and get an education

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Our One Meter Pompeii Oven album is
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

An album showing our Thermal Breaks is

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.
Old 07-11-2011, 06:55 AM
Serf

Default Re: hello from florida

Andrew,

I'm a newbee as well in Central Fl. Do you have a source for the fire bricks yet?
Old 10-24-2011, 05:46 PM
Serf

Hi Andrew,

Have you found a supplier who sells medium duty firebrick? I'm in S FL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by athorn View Post
My name is Andrew, I llive in Winter Haven, Fl. I was searching for homemade brick bbq's and found this site. I work for a wholesale pool supply distributor. We recently started carrying Primo grills and have one at work that we grill on. The Primo rep baked a couple of pizzas on the pizza stone and I was amazed at how good it made an ordinary pizza taste. I used to have a big green egg and I have a hibatchi style clay grill that my Grandfather used on hunting trips many decades ago. I have access to portland cement, perlite, vermiculite and mortar through work. I always enjoy building my own rather than buying something. From what I have read so far, this seems to a wealth of info for "diy". I quess now my bbq is going to have pizza oven off to one side of it.
Old 11-16-2011, 03:46 AM
Banned

Hi..This angelina..I found this forum when i was searching for the diamond blades..And this forum gives a lot of stuff on wood fired ovens..
Old 11-16-2011, 03:51 AM
Banned

Hi..I got this forum when i was searching for diamond blades on the net..This forum gives a lot of information about the wood fired ovens..I hope i can learn more things from this forum..