Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Good Background Information > Introductions

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By pizzakidd

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2012, 06:59 AM
Serf

Default Hello

Hi,

This is PizzaKidd from Canada. My wife and I have been talking about building a pizza oven for a few years and would like to begin construction in the spring. This will give me the next 6 months to read, read, read, select materials and purchase some over time. I hope that by not rushing the process I can build a higher quality oven and take advantage of some inexpensive brick/tile.

Cheers!
Old 10-17-2012, 02:57 PM
Apprentice

Default Re: Hello

Im jealous! I wish I could do it all over again!

Everything you will need to know resides in this website and the forum, or if it doesnt, just post a question...

Did you download the free pompeii oven plans from the FB store?

Best of luck to you, Pizzakidd !
Old 10-17-2012, 03:48 PM
Administrator

Hi Pizzakid,
Welcome to the forum! We have a community of knowledgeable, fun, and very informative members who would be more than happy to help you along your journey.

I would recommend taking a look at our free online oven plans and using it as a reference point for your oven build. It should be helpful.

We look forward to hearing about your oven adventure and hope to see pictures when it's finally installed.

Enjoy!
Old 10-18-2012, 05:18 AM
Serf

Thanks for the replies.

Yes, I have downloaded the pompeii oven plans and read though them.

It seems like there are not a lot of changes to be made to the actual oven plans, as the 42" Pompeii is a tested plan which heats up quickly, holds heat long enough for home cooking and has enough space to cook for a small group. I think the big decisions will be the size, placement, covering and STYLE of the oven.

Cheers!
waikato pizza likes this.
Old 10-19-2012, 01:47 PM
Peasant

Like you I am about to embark on "the build". Our spring has just started so will keep posting on how the build is going.
I even just scored about 100 refractory bricks for $1nz on a eBay style site. They normally retail for about $4.50 each over here!!!!
If you come across any great new sources of info, can you share a link on here? I am going to start a new thread when I begin my build and I wil do the same. Best of luck and may your pizzas be thin and crispy!!!!!!
All the best Andy