Old 08-09-2013, 10:10 AM
Serf

Smile Hej there from Sunny Colorado

Hej there.

I've been cruising the website trying to plan my build and this is my 1st post. I'm slightly obsessive and this is my latest/greatest obsession (prior one was a MAME arcade I built). I'm in Planning stages, talking to city, and hoping to work on building permit/HOA approval plan this weekend. I'm leaning towards a 42" oven and plan to build it next to my stamped concrete patio. I have a 25' setback from my fenceline that prohibits my putting it any further back in my property. I look forward to being able to post pictures of my progress as I move forward.

Thank you to all of you who have gone before me as I expect to be able to benefit (poach) from your experience!

Zuk
Old 08-09-2013, 05:35 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Hej there from Sunny Colorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by zukomac View Post
Hej there.

I've been cruising the website trying to plan my build and this is my 1st post. I'm slightly obsessive and this is my latest/greatest obsession (prior one was a MAME arcade I built). I'm in Planning stages, talking to city, and hoping to work on building permit/HOA approval plan this weekend. I'm leaning towards a 42" oven and plan to build it next to my stamped concrete patio. I have a 25' setback from my fenceline that prohibits my putting it any further back in my property. I look forward to being able to post pictures of my progress as I move forward.

Thank you to all of you who have gone before me as I expect to be able to benefit (poach) from your experience!

Zuk
Welcome, from my perspective the closer to your real kitchen the better. My .02.

Ask questions before you commit, and great luck with your build.
Old 08-09-2013, 07:53 PM
Serf

Thanks Chip. hoping to draw up plans this weekend. I'll keep posting.
Old 08-10-2013, 04:31 AM
Master Builder

Welcome Zuk - Planning is key and it really helps if you know exactly what you want to end up with before you start. Changing the desired outcome mid build is somewhat fraught and likely to mean undoing what sweat has been invested in.

If obsessions are your thing (I too am somewhat inclined) these ovens are a good subject. Plenty to get your teeth into and with due care and attention to detail anyone with a reasonable level of skill should be able to create a very functional oven. I am sure that you will find plenty of experienced builders willing to share here.

Good luck with your build. One other thing, Chip is right about the proximity to the real kitchen.

Build Thread
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Build Pics
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Forno Food Pics
Old 08-10-2013, 06:27 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Zuk,

I good composite resource thread is go to the Newbie Section and look for Lburou's thread called Forno Bravo treasure archives. It links a lot of well documented builds.
I will also chime in to build the oven close to the house kitchen.

Experiences are the names I call my mistakes!

Link to my build -

My Picassa Picture Log
Old 08-11-2013, 11:35 AM
Laborer

welcome Zuk.

there are serveral of us on here from Colorado.
just finished my oven (more pics to come shortly).
am happy to answer any questions you have.

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/3...ngs-18845.html (36" oven in Colorado Springs)