Old 10-06-2008, 01:45 PM
Serf

Default Greetings from Kingsport, TN

Hello All.

I am completing a major renovation to my house on Boone lake. The final project will be the brick oven. My stone mason will be assisting me, but has no experience building a brick oven. I am planning on a 42" tuscan domed oven, framed and finished with the same cultured stone we used on the house. We will use FB insulating board for hearth and FB blanket for dome. I am open to all suggestions. Looking forward to getting started.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Mark
Old 10-06-2008, 07:17 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Greetings from Kingsport, TN

Welcome! We are here to help. Is your mason going to use brick or build the kit? If time is a factor - buy the FB kit.

Les...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.
Old 10-07-2008, 02:24 AM
Serf

We are going to use fire brick.

Mark
Old 10-08-2008, 01:21 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Watch your mason like a hawk and make sure you have 2" of board underneath your floor and 3-4" (or more) of blanket on top. If your mason is willing to read (and follow) the plans carefully you won't have any problems.

Good luck and post lots of pictures for us!

Updated!