Old 03-13-2008, 07:25 PM
Serf

Default Greetings all from Oregon

What a great site. I am ready to build another oven and this time I will get it right. I built a vault style oven 9 years ago without any plans and it cooked good but wasn't much to look at. I love the style of these ovens and can't wait to get started. I am posting some photos of my old monster.
Attached Thumbnails
Greetings all from Oregon-first-oven-1.jpg   Greetings all from Oregon-first-oven-2.jpg  
Old 03-13-2008, 07:49 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Greetings all from Oregon

I beg to differ. I love the look of your oven. It probably sucks wood to get it hot, but its a cool oven nontheless. If you don't like the appearance, there's many ways to finish the outside and make it more sylish. I like the look as it is.

-
Old 03-13-2008, 08:18 PM
Serf

Default Re: Greetings all from Oregon

It did take alot of wood to get it hot about 5 hours but I could bake pizza, and bread for hours after. I sold the place where I built it. So now I get to try again. I used old fire brick from a boiler that my grandfather saved when put in a new boiler in his mint distillery. So there was some sentimental value aswell as no cost. I did have to clean all the mortar off the bricks and I made a jig to cut each brick in the dome so that I had no mortar line. It was a fun project. I havn't had pizza as good since we moved. Except for our trip to northern Italy in 2003.