Old 07-01-2013, 04:13 AM
Peasant

Default Found you guys after doing a course

Hi,
Yesterday I completed a weekend pizza oven making workshop with Alan Watt at the Eltham Hotel in, err, Eltham, NSW, Australia.

As part of my research I kept coming across this forum in the search results. So I thought I'd better sign up and further my research.

I am planning on building a "low tech" oven.
I've got the bricks for the base laying around from years of reno'ing.
I'm going to rip a sheet of iron off another patio (that will come down, eventually) and use a few hardwood studs to support this bedded into the bricks.
Then I'm thinking Hebel blocks followed by a "heat bank" of white crushed rock/sand/clay I have leftover (***although I'm not sure on the heat bank based on a few searches here).
40mm clay paver's for the base of the inside of the oven (which I'm going to suss out tomorrow in Ballina).
Then a 40mm clay/sand/crusher dust and cement mix for the dome followed by a 50mm vermiculite/clay/cement mix for the insulation as per the workshop (another thing I need to look into due to searching on here).

I will finish it off with a clayey water cement slurry that I will paint on (as per the workshop).

Whoa that was a bit full on. Anyway hi ")