Old 06-16-2008, 10:48 AM
Serf

Default First Post

Hi,
I might as well admit right now, I dont have a brick oven yet. I am a Canadian living in Spain. We own a restaurant here and are ready to try a new venture.... AND - there isnt a really excellent pizza to be had anywhere near us.
Ive been reading about Forno Bravo ovens during my internet research and seem to keep coming back to the site.
Im hoping to find out more about everything really, what all I can do with it on a commercial scale, resources for learning/training, you know, everything.
I never have much luck with the search feature on these things, but Ill certainly try it before bugging everyone with dumb questions.
Thanks, and again,
greetings
Old 06-16-2008, 10:59 AM
Apprentice

Default Re: First Post

Welcome Cardinal. I have a feeling anything you need to know is already posted somewhere on this site, but if you can't find the answer, my feeling is that there are no "dumb questions." Everyone here is very helpful.
Old 06-16-2008, 05:39 PM
Journeyman

Welcome to the forum. Its an honor to have you here. If its information you need you have come to the right place. Browse the threads and see what you can find. If you dont find it then ask away. There are some really helpful folks here so have at it.

My 44" oven in progress...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-16-2008, 05:51 PM
Journeyman

Ok, this also a first poster from Down Under, working for a refractory sales company and been in the industry for 25 years gives me plenty of info for you guys to capitalize on. Hit me with your probs or questions and I will try to help. Cheers JC
Old 06-16-2008, 06:02 PM

Hey Johnny, Welcome, sourcing refractory insulation and firebrick is a chronic problem for Australian builders. Glad to have you on board.
Old 06-16-2008, 06:48 PM
Journeyman

Plenty of stock including floor tiles, v'lite, castables, insulating castables, mortars, ins. bricks, etc. All at wholesale prices for oven builders.
Old 06-16-2008, 08:07 PM
Peasant

G'day Jonny,

Can you give me some details of the company you work for and some prices for your products? PM me when you have a chance.

Cheerio,

Mark CH
Old 09-18-2008, 05:11 AM
Peasant

Johnny, hi there, I am an Australian just about to begin construction of my first oven. I'm a bit confused about all the different materials so it will be great to have your expertise on tap for the project.

One question: if I opt for a dome oven it will involve a lot of firebrick cutting (angles etc to shape the bricks) - do you supply pre-shaped bricks? If not, how hard are they to cut? my only experience with concrete and brick cutting has been with an angle grinder but precision is not part of that experience!

Cheers

Crowtrapper.