Old 07-17-2012, 11:20 PM
Serf

Thumbs up first pizzas cooked!

The 36 inch Pompeii oven kit arrived by truck in early April. Today, July 17, 2012, was the fourth day of curing fires (450 degree target) and we went ahead and cooked our first pizzas in the wonderful oven. One thing I am wondering about is how long it takes to really get all the moisture out of the FB insulating board under the oven floor? We live in western Oregon, so there was plenty of rain during construction to go along with water in the mortar. I can still see signs that moisture is being driven out underneath the 18 inch square firebricks I used for the oven floor, coming through a thin layer of stucco that I spread onto the outside edge of the firebricks in the front opening. Does anyone know if this will finally stop within another few days of curing fires or will it take weeks? I will be posting pictures of the whole project soon.

Tags
outdoor pizza oven oregon